Spending a good part of my teenage years growing up in KL, I know a bit about it. Here are some of the things you have to do if you’re in town for the first time. I’ve also taken the liberty of adding some of my favorite Klook offers.
1. Marvel at the iconic PETRONAS Towers that’s built using a postmodern architectural style with Islamic designs due to the Muslim majority in Malaysia.
2. Travel back to the past to experience the rich culture of the city through the Sri Mahamariamman Temple.
3. Indulge in a delicious meal by sampling the flavors of Malaysia through the famed Nasi Kandar.
4. Gain new feathery friends as you identify the various species. And feel free as a bird as you enjoy the environment at The Kuala Lumpur Bird Park.
5. Immerse yourself in the rich culture of Malaysia through the works of art and the various artifacts in the National Museum.
6. Enjoy the cool waters and have fun with your family or friends when you visit the Sunway Lagoon Theme Park.
7. Explore the depths and the diverse species of sea creatures at the Aquaria KLCC.
8. Get souvenirs such as T-shirts, keychains, wallets, and hunt for valuable bargains when you shop at Central Market.
9. Visit the Kuala Lumpur Railway Station to learn about rail transport and how it has helped make lives more comfortable.
10. When you want to experience how it is to dine like a local, you can try out some street food at Hutong.
11. Discover how jewelries are made by visiting a working pewter museum which is known as the Royal Selangor Visitor Centre.
12. Feast your eyes on the breathtaking view of the city through the Kuala Lumpur Tower.
13. Relax and unwind while surrounded by nature and lots of pretty butterflies at the Kuala Lumpur Butterfly Park.
14. From luxurious items to your everyday needs, you can shop and find them all at Suria KLCC.
15. Alor Street is the place to be when you want to try out new food or just want to satisfy your hunger.
16. Experience the diversity of faith by visiting the Jamek Mosque and learning about the rituals and beliefs that other religions follow.
17. Interact and have fun with the animals in the National Zoo of Malaysia.
18. If you want to experience the Chinese culture while in Kuala Lumpur, you can wander through Chinatown and see the locals there.
19. Istana Negara is the place to be if you want to learn about the history of royal families and how they have helped build the Malaysian culture.
20. Learn about currency and view different coin collections at Maybank Numismatic Museum.
21. Be amazed and learn about the uniqueness of the Islamic architecture through the National Mosque.
22. When you’re more on the adventurous side and would want to reconnect with nature, you can go on climbing the Batu Caves.
23. Whether you want to engage in meaningful conversations or just want to take an afternoon stroll, you can do that in KLCC Park.
24. Discover the wonders of a Buddhist Temple by visiting the Thean Hou Temple.
25. See the city come to life at night-time by going out with friends or family at the Golden Triangle.